Pinoypoets

Last Friday, I received an invitation from Kris Berse of Pinoypoets to be one of their "consultants" in Filipino poetry.

Months ago, Jonar would tell me about this new--and very active--poets' group that began as a yahoogroup. Its members would comment on each other's poetry over the net, and would then meet regularly to worshop texts among themselves. News like this are always inspiring.

For the love of words, I agreed to read and comment on their poems, sets of which I'll receive twice a month. It is my honor, especially because most members are of the same age as, or even more mature than, I am. Earlier I got the first batch of 39-page poems. I'll print them later, and start "listening" to what each of them has to share.

I'll post a summary of my critique here when I'm done with it.