News

I received two good news today. First, from Glen Maboloc. After almost two years, Ubod is finally in its pre-press stage. Vim, Jema and I will go to the NCCA office on Monday (first Monday of February is an Ateneo holiday) and check on the final layout. Ma'am Beni wrote the introduction for my chapbook in this series. Titled Isa Na Namang Pagtingala sa Buwan: Mga Tula, the chapbook includes 21 of my early poems.

Second, from Ma'am Beni. She told me that she finally gave my first (book-length) poetry collection, Pag-aabang sa Kundiman: Isang Tulambuhay, to Ms. Karen Cardenas of the Ateneo's ORP and she was willing to publish the book. I already spoke with Karen earlier and she just needs my concept for the cover and an introduction (I hope Sir Rio will give me an intro for this book; I'll meet him tomorrow in his lecture at UST), and the printing will follow, according to her, "as soon as possible." The book's 49 poems does not yet include the collections that won in last year's Gawad Surian sa Tula and Palanca.

The obvious still overwhelms me: If everything turns out okay, I may just have two published poetry books this year.

[There are some comments on this entry here.]