The seven best things that made my Christmas day complete:
- A number of friends remembered to greet me (even if I could hardly have a signal here in San Gregorio), but I ran out of credits and wasn’t able to text back; I reserved my last few pesos, of course, for Nikka’s.
- I got to meet ALL my younger cousins (especially my favorite, Aiel) and all my godchildren, and they all seemed to like my gifts.
- Tita Ayen checked out of the SPC Medical Center, three days after her operation.
- I went to see Lola Mama, Lola Lisa and Lola Ate, and gave them some presents (they used to give me the best gifts when I was very, very young).
- Kuya Budz, Dondon (he called me on my cellphone earlier) and One visited me at home (we used to spend Christmas evenings at Kuya Budz’s).
- Phillip texted me (future Father Phillip!), and I was very glad to know that he was okay, after the typhoons that devastated Infanta, where he now stays.
- Kuya Topher (a second cousin—his lola and Inay are sisters, and classmate when we were in kindergarten) passed by our house with his daughter (they’re all getting married!); it’s been almost a decade since I last saw him.